Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Re-decorating!

Ok this is by no means worthy of pinterest or anything, it just makes me happy. And I didn't really re-decorate, I just re-arranged my decorations in a way that I think looks MUCH better. It never felt quite right but I just moved on with life and after letting it be for a few months, last night inspiration struck!

Jeff was out doing a "man project" (replacing the headlight on the car) and had the tool box. I went out and asked for the hammer. "I'm doing a woman project!" : ) I was very happy.

I don't really have a good before an after comparison. But here's what the piano area looked like before...



Then I re-arranged a few things...



I had wanted to do one of these groupings and these all seemed to go well together. The picture of us is in a frame that clashed with the piano, so I was glad I found a different place for it.





I  realize it's asymmetrical...I just didn't have anything else that looked quite right to go on the right of the windmill. But I think it looks pretty good the way it is. I like it so much better than before!





Before, this painting was above the couch all by it's lonesome. It didn't quite match and the big wall seemed under-utilized. Now instead of being country-esque, the piano wall is more classy I guess.





1 comment:

  1. I like your redecorating. It looks very good. And I like your "woman project." Your are so creative!

    ReplyDelete