Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pre-made Salads and Life Lessons

Jeff wanted salads this week. I decided to make them all ahead of time instead of stressing the night before or the day of. (He makes his own lunches but he likes how I make salads)

Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes and carrots

With red onion and sunflower seeds

After doing this I realized I should have made different variations. I have garbanzo beans, craisins and croutons I could have used as well. 

Anyway, bulk is always good for convenience and convenience is always good for promoting healthy behaviors. :)

I was on the ball today! The truth is I was inspired by General Conference as well as my sister who is on a mission. I've been trying to humble myself and have more meaningful prayers. Last night I prayed that I would be able to embrace whatever the night brings as far as feeding the baby. She has not been sleeping well so I was trying to embrace the possibility of another night like that. Well turns out this morning she slept until 6:00 am! And even after that feeding she went back to sleep for a few more hours. I decided to stay up instead of sleeping more. That helped me get a good start on my day -- I read the scriptures and had time to ponder and pray.

I learn this again and again -- The more I try to be a "good mom" (putting her needs first, giving her attention, helping her exercise her brain and body) the better things go for me! (I can put her down without her crying, she is happier, there is more time between feedings, feedings go better, and she sleeps longer for her nap and at night). What do you know! It's like how doing God's will, while it seems like a sacrifice, always is better in the end.


So anyway, I've been trying to turn more to the Lord in the details of my day and I had a great day! I got grocery shopping done before 10:00 am (I LOVE that feeling), made these salads, practiced singing, and had hours to work on my talk for church next week while the baby took a really long wonderful nap. I know God's blessings don't always manifest themselves in a smooth day...but today I was grateful they did!

God is good!

Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.
D&C 19:23

No comments:

Post a Comment