Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Little Bargain Shopping

Well ever since I was in college for some reason I've had my make-up in a make-up bag. Maybe it's because during those years I was either traveling or moving every four months. This is bag is pink and cute and all, but I recently decided I was sick of digging through to find my tweezers etc. So I thought I should set up some compartments in my drawer. I thought of a shoe box lid. Growing up we had that and some tubber ware for our hair bands and barrettes (I had to look up how to spell that...). But then I thought I could probably find something nice at a dollar store or thrift store. I went to Goodwill, and nothing was snapping my sox. But then I stopped by the 99 cent store and found these!



Aren'ts they cute? I was so happy I found these. 

Ta-da! Much better. (You can tell I'm cheap with make-up too...that's just how I do)



I just share this to show what great things you can find at thrift stores and dollar stores! Almost anything you can think of that you would like but don't need, that may ordinarily be expensive, you can find for a great deal! Baskets, for example. Baskets for organizing/decorating. Those can be pricey! But at D.I. you can get one for two dollars or less sometimes! Also, I'm a huge advocate of buying baby clothes at thrift stores - they're normally so expensive, and they grow out of them so fast and spit up and poop on them anyway! And you get nice ones from your shower, your mom and mother-in-law. : ) 

Here are some other goodwill successes I've had recently.

This cute crib bumper for $5
Four of these wonderful place-mats for $0.99 each
Happy thrifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment