Thursday, August 28, 2014

Some night-time poetry

Listen to this song.

I grew up listening to BYU Singers. My parents met in BYU Singers. My 5th and final year at BYU I got into Singers. I sang this song.

This is a recording of a different year singing it.



This poem is a little window into my soul tonight...  


Water Night

Night.
Baby is in bed.
I need to listen to music
Need to feed my soul

I lost patience today.
Clingy baby
Hot desert
Lack of beauty.

As I listen now
It seems clear
I must simply do what is most important
Let me let go of things that don’t matter.

Eric Whitacre choral music
Water night.
Me
singing Water Night in
Glaucester Cathedral
in England.

What a different life!
An oh, my soul.
How my soul used to FEEL.
If you close your eyes
A river
A silent, and beautiful currant

As I listen I finally FEEL
Fills you from within
My stressed body and soul thaw
And I feel.
The currant flows forward

Oh the beauty
The incredible liquid sound
human voices can make
when blended together
The rich contrast of male and female voices.

How deeply I used to feel.
As I say this to myself I think,
What am I saying?
I have a child.
I have an eternal companion.

If you open your eyes
Let this kingdom of deep
love
open to me
I have it within me.

God, let my soul come out
I want to feel.

Night breathes its wetness
To beaches in your soul.


1 comment:

  1. Elisa,

    What an incredible poem.

    Bless you for living in AZ! I can relate, though I am no longer capable of living there. You should write more blog posts and poems. You are great!

    ReplyDelete