Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sister week!

My parents raised us away from their families, so I always expected I would do the same. But it wasn't until to was married and had a baby that I realized how hard this can be. I am blessed to have a close family, and all we do all year is look forward to the one or two times a year we can get together.

At this phase of life, my two sisters and I all temporarily live as far east as any of us Seattle girls ever have. I'm in Columbus, Ohio, Marianne is in the Detroit area of Michigan, and Jenni just moved to Boston to go to grad school at Boston University.

When Jenni called to see if she could come visit me for a few days before her job and semester begin, I was thrilled! We arranged for Marianne to come down as well, even though she's already visited me twice since I've lived here (it's only a three hour drive for her). So it was a sister party!!! Jeff commented that he's never seen me so happy (I think he says that every time we are with my family).

The two full days involved lots of cousin time, going to my yoga class at the Y, a splash pad, talking time, Graeters Ice Cream, Jenni reading lots of books to her nieces, Asian food, Fixer Upper, photography practice, more talking time and a sisters night out.





Graeter's Ice Cream is allegedly the best ice cream Marianne has ever had, and she loves ice cream. :) So we had to try it.




The shop was cute and had these awesome old-fashioned ceiling fans on belts. The girls LOVED their sprinkle cones. I got black raspberry icecream. Yum. But I'll admit, I was mostly focused on taking pictures of the cute girls enjoying their cones.







Sister Photo-shoot!


Always fun to have a reason to get dressed up. Even if it is to go to the yard across the driveway and take a few photos. :P 








Caught on an off-moment :)


That's more like it.


Failed attempt having Elena shoot the photo from a chair by the tripod. "I can't see your faces!"


That night we did get beyond the yard and went to an Asian-fusion restaurant downtown. Not THE best we've ever had, but very enjoyable and yummy. It wouldn't be a Bement get-together without Asian food. Did I mention that our Mom covered dinner? Thank you mom!!!

Oh, avocado sushi rolls. You make my life.








I love these sisters of mine and I am SO glad they could come this week.



4 comments:

  1. I love when the Bement sisters get together!!!!! I my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, and LOVE. :) Thank you for the wonderful visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny holding hands with the little girls, one on each side is so cute. It really suits her. Looks like a good auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls look so good and happy together! Elisa, the bangs suit you very well! -Irene

    ReplyDelete